Position: Power Plant Overhaul Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (DOE + Benefits )
Type: Permanent, full-time
CAS Recruitment are proud to have been retained to recruit an experienced Power Plant Overhaul Engineer on behalf of one of our prestigious UK Aviation clients. This is a unique opportunity for a driven career orientated Power Plant Overhaul Engineer to to join a small dynamic team and work with a business who's brand is recognised the world over for quality of service it provides. You will play a pivotal role as the business continues to expand.
You will be a qualified aircraft engine / airframe technician with at least 5 years experience within a maintenance environment conducting inspections mid to large thrust commercial turbines. This position would ideally suit a candidate who is driven and that would like to progress their career as the business continues to expand. The position does require a certain amount of flexibility with occasional offsite or overseas travel and a willingness to participate in an on call rota.
You will be responsible for carrying out maintenance activities on aero engines, modules and transportation stands. The candidate will be expected to hold a 145 CRS signatory company approval and is expected to uphold and demonstrate all the key skills expected of such position.
It is Essential that the candidate has experience of maintaining and inspecting the following power plants IAW with EMM, AMM, PPBUM IPC, SPM etc while adhering to the following quality management standards AS9110, EASA/FAR 145.
Responsibilities and essential requirements:
- Undertaking all assigned maintenance activities as assigned by the Maintenance and Planning Manager i.a.w EASA/FAR 145 maintenance level approval as recorded within the latest revision of the company Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE).
- Issuing, (as a company Certificate of Release to Service (CRS) signatory) regulatory Certificate of Release to Service (CRS) i.e EASA Form 1 / FAA 8130-3 etc i.a.w defined procedures.
- The post holder must ensure that he/she remains fully conversant and up to date with airworthiness and regulatory standards and requirements relating to maintenance activities.
- Able to navigate and find relevant data within the OEM manuals (EMM, AMM, PPBUM, IPC, SPM...) is essential, as some of the maintenance activities will be conducted as a lone worker. The ability to further interpret the manual data accurately is also a key requirement.
- In conduct of the maintenance activities, the post holder will be responsible and expected to carry out all such activities as per the OEM manual requirements utilising all specified tooling/alternative tooling, and must notify the Operations Manager of any maintenance / documentation errors encountered as required under EASA regulatory Mandatory Occurrence Reporting CAP382 procedures.
Quality Management Standards;
The post holder should have an understanding and appreciation of company Quality Standards (AS9110, EASA145, and FAR145). A clear understanding of those procedures as defined within the MOE and FAA Supplement document, applicable to maintenance activities is an essential requirement.
Communication & Collaboration;
The candidate must ensure that effective lines of communication and collaboration are maintained, to include:
- Close communication and collaboration with the Management team in particular Maintenance Services, Fleet Management, Quality, HR, IT, Finance, Business Development, Logistics, Strategic Knowledge.
- Participate in regular meetings coordinated by Workshop Team Leader, Maintenance and Planning Manager, Quality and Director, Maintenance Services.
- Effective feedback to Workshop Team Leader and Operations Manager of schedules, progression, issues, results etc with regards to maintenance activities.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment now and in the future. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
CAS Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions.