Position: On Wing Support Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum DOE + Benefits
Type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Home based
CAS Recruitment are proud to have been retained to recruit an On wing Support Engineer on behalf of one of our prestigious UK Aviation clients. This is a unique opportunity for an On Wing Support Engineer to join a fantastic team and work with a business who's brand is recognised the world over for quality of service it provides. You will play a pivotal role as the business continues to expand.
This is a home based role were you will be required to travel on a regular basis, you will be responsible for providing on wing engineering support throughout our clients fleet. The engineering support will consist of carrying out maintenance activities which will include borescope inspections.
Responsibilities and essential requirements:
- You will undertake all assigned borescope maintenance activities as assigned by the Maintenance and Planning Manager i.a.w EASA/FAR 145 maintenance level approval as recorded within the latest revision of the company Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE).
- Undertaking other assigned maintenance activities as assigned by the Maintenance and Planning Manager i.a.w EASA/FAR 145 maintenance level approval as recorded within the latest revision of the company Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE).
- Issuing, (as a company Certificate of Release to Service (CRS) signatory) regulatory Certificate of Release to Service (CRS) i.e EASA Form 1 / FAA 8130-3 etc i.a.w defined procedures within MOE and FAA Supplement Document.
- You must ensure that you remain fully conversant and up to date with airworthiness and regulatory standards and requirements relating to maintenance activities.
- Able to navigate and find relevant data within the OEM manuals (EMM, AMM, PPBUM, IPC, SPM...) is essential, as some of the maintenance activities will be conducted as a lone worker. The ability to further interpret the manual data accurately is also a key requirement.
- In conduct of the maintenance activities, the post holder will be responsible and expected to carry out all such activities as per the OEM manual requirements utilising all specified tooling/alternative tooling, and must notify the Maintenance and Planning Manager / Quality of any maintenance / documentation errors encountered as required under EASA regulatory Mandatory Occurrence Reporting CAP382 procedures.
You will be qualified aero engine/airframe technician and/or borescope inspector with at least 3yrs relevant experience of performing maintenance activities including borescoping mid to large thrust commercial engine and auxiliary power unit types. You must be an organised, confident and articulate individual with the ability to travel both within the UK and worldwide at short notice.
You will have extensive experience of aircraft maintenance including both airframe, Powerplant and APU's and must have the ability to navigate and identify relevant data within OEM manuals (EMM, AMM, PPBUM, IPC, SPM....) the ability to further interpret manual data accurately is also essential while having a solid understanding of EASA / FAR 145 regulations. The ideal candidate will have experience in maintaining and inspecting aero engine types such as CFM series, V2500, CF6 series, RB211-535E4 and PW4000 as well as airframe associated auxiliary power units.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment now and in the future. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
CAS Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions.