Position: Business Development Manager
Location: South Ayrshire, United Kingdom
Salary: £65,000 per annum (+ Bonus & Benefits)
Type: Permanent, full-time
CAS Recruitment is a specialist aviation resource partner that works in partnership with some of the most respected prestigious aviation companies across the globe. We were founded by experienced aviation personnel and all our recruiters are aviation professionals that understand aviation and speak your language.
CAS Recruitment are proud to be recruiting a Business Development Manager on behalf of our world leading customers. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Business Development professional that has extensive experiance within the Aerostructures market to join a small world class business development team.
Do you want the opportunity to work with a business that has a enviable reputation within the aviation sector?
Do you want the opportunity to work with a business that has genuine world wide presence?
Do you want the opportunity to work with a business that has the capability to fully support the complex requirements of airlines & MRO's?
Do you want to have a level of autonomy & flexibility that enables you to have an impact?
Do you want to be part of a small professional team?
Do you want your efforts and hard work to be valued and rewarded?
Do you have BDM / Account management experiance operating within the Aerostructures / MRO Market?
If you answered yes to the above then please read on!
The Aerostructures Aftermarket Business Development Manager is a senior level individual contributor working within an international team. The successful candidate will build relationships with the customer at appropriate levels of its organization, assure execution of existing contracts and position the business for acquisition of new contracts. The Business Development Director will work closely with internal stakeholders to assure alignment of customer goals and company objectives while assuring clear communication of issues and opportunities at all levels.
Experience Requirements & Qualifications:
- Degree level, Business Administration or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience, preferably in aerospace aftermarket/MRO industry, of which at least 3 years are in a Marketing & Sales capacity.
- Proven track record in strategy development, sales execution, and direct account management.
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy.
- Understanding of financial parameters such as NPV, EBIT, cash flow, etc.
- Knowledge in nacelles and composite structures a plus.
- Proficient in reviewing and generating contracts.
- Conversant in contract law and understanding key commercial terms.
- High proficiency in business writing, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to formulate business plans, perform business case analysis, pricing formulation and market trend projection to align with overall organisation strategic objectives.
- Proven levels of salesmanship to navigate skilfully in tough negotiation situations; adaptability depending on circumstances.
- Focus on results and patience in managing contract negotiation process.
- Composure and presentation skills in a variety of formal presentation settings with internal leadership or external customers.
- Interpersonal skills to cultivate relationships with customers and proactive in executing relationship marketing with all levels within a customer organisations.
- Good listener and ability to solicit Voice of Customer to enhance customer’s experience.
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise different tasks to meet deadlines.
- Team player that would not hesitate to take on additional responsibilities when needed.
- Exceptional persuasive communication and interpersonal skills - effectively communicate and work with all customers and levels of the organisation.
- Represent the Aerostructures Aftermarket Business as the primary commercial contact for a portfolio assigned customers.
- Sales responsibility of Aerostructures Aftermarket portfolio including: Major Units, Parts, MRO, Mods & Upgrades, Flight Hour and other Long Term agreement structures.
- Define and execute customer and business development strategies.
- Accountable for all sales and business development communication with assigned customers.
- Creation of proposals for new business including the validation of business cases, alignment with customer, product strategies and assurance of technical capability.
- Lead preparation for all internal reviews with assigned customers, including executive preparation, working level alignment and definition of message.
- Define the strategies for acquisition of new business and negotiate agreements with customers on behalf of Aerostructures.
- Expected level travel for this position: 30% - 50%
Relocation support package in place to support the right candidate should this be necessary.
***You must have the legal right to live and work in the UK to apply for this position***
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
CAS Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions.